It is the great privilege of the Church to testify to the grace of God in Jesus Christ as we seek to promote the Gospel to all nations in word and deed. The spread of the Gospel is the unique and central calling of the Church, therefore Christ Community seeks to preach, teach and allocate resources to this end. The Missions Team oversees our partnerships with missionaries around the globe as well as seeks to offer intentional ways for the congregation to be informed of missions efforts around the world. Some of missions initiatives currently going on at Christ Community include:
- Scholarships for individuals who wish to take the Perspectives in World Missions course.
- A commitment to allocate a 12% of the total operating budget to the Missions Team to use to support missionaries.
- A commitment to give money that is received in surplus of the Christ Community’s annual budget to ministries both local and global. Past recipients of surplus giving include: Lifesong for Orphans, Churches Helping Churches, Heart to Heart Counseling, and Midwest Food Bank.
- Short-term mission trips which help foster a culture of missions and promote our core value of Beautiful Feet. A major purpose to providing short-term trips is to educate our congregation and mobilize it to accomplish the mission of carrying the gospel to all nations. It is our prayer that these mission trips will be used by God to raise up several people from Christ Community to become missionary workers.
- Intentional education of our children about global missions through V.B.S., Sunday School, Children’s Church, and Little Lambs Preschool.